CSCOPE – Hurting Your Children
CSCOPE, the controversial Texas school curriculum in over 70% of Texas school districts, was never field tested, reviewed or approved by the Texas State Board of Education. We now know through independent research, that these lessons and the CSCOPE process are based on the ideology of Marxism (Lev Vygotsky), Humanism (Linda-Darling Hammond) and Socialism (Learning through Social Constructivism). These are the kinds of the people who helped develop CSCOPE. Lessons with anti-American and anti-Christian slants have been discovered. CSCOPE is HURTING YOUR CHILDREN and this is how:
Through Social Constructivism (Group sharing of work and grades)
1. It removes the importance of individual merit and responsibility
2. It downplays the importance of authority (parents and professionals) and experts
3. It removes the security of well-defined expectations
4. It redefines truth and facts (any answer is acceptable)
5. It emphasizes education equity (outcome the same for all) instead of opportunity equity
Through the implementation of tests not aligned with required lessons:
1. It provides a high stressful atmosphere in anticipation of failure
2. When tests are repeated and answers given prior to test it promotes delayed responsibility and acceptance of cheating
3. It promotes acceptance of substandard performances when failure is the norm.
Through the implementation of multiple classroom observances (3 minute walk-throughs ) by administrators
1. It promotes the atmosphere that administrators do not trust the child’s teacher; so something is wrong to the child/student-models disrespect to the teacher
2. It Interrupts the learning atmosphere of the classroom (highly distracting to ADHD children)
3. When teachers quickly shift from what works to the rigid ineffective CSCOPE stance expecting a walkthrough, the students can sense an air of deception.
Through the implementation of substandard CSCOPE lessons - It “Leave out geography, vocabulary development, cursive, spelling, grammar, systemic reading instruction, memorization of multiplication facts, and the skill practice needed for students to gain confidence.” It downplays the importance of vetted textbooks and homework
Call your local school board representative and ask these questions: Were you fully informed about the radical ideology and methodology of CSCOPE before you voted to implement it? Were you shown field-tested results of CSCOPE before you voted to implement it? Are you going to request a local review before the next vote to renew it? What steps must I do to opt out of CSCOPE and put my child in a direct-learning environment?
Call your state representatives and demand that CSCOPE receive a total review of ideology, methodology, financial impropriety, possible plagiarism, and misrepresentation to local school boards.
Your children, grandchildren and community need your action.