St. Paul Lutheran Church doubled its worship space sixty years ago, and dedicated the present structure the first Sunday in December 1953. On Dec. 1st the congregation plans to celebrate that event with a special worship service followed by a covered dish meal. Friends of the church are invited.
A picture of the “old church” is shown during the 75th anniversary of the congregation in 1947. A new pipe organ was installed and played by Mr. M.F. Heinemeyer, newly hired Mason High School principal. Also Rev. Alfred Doerfler arrived that summer from Kingsville.
Youth choir members singing as they recess from the service are (on left) Gaelyn Geistweidt, Carolyn Meyer (Loeffler), Janice Hofmann (Bartlett), Kay Hofmann, Harvey Zesch, Bill Wayne Kooch, Arlis Schuch, and Harold Geistweidt. (On right) are Linda Geistweidt (Hahn), Charlene Eckert (Nash), Nelda Bogisch (Rasco), Peggy Schwarz, Marjorie Zesch (Hey), Bob Capps, Penn Henke, and Victor Rode (face hidden).