“Gratitude consists of being more aware of what you have, than what you don’t.” –Unknown
Counting my blessings this Christmas, and I count many of you among them. Thank you for making my job a blessing!
Mandarin Orange Salad
Prep Time: 25 minutes
- 24 ounces cottage cheese
- 2- 4 ounce boxes orange gelatin
- 2 - 11 ounce cans Mandarin oranges, drained
- 8 ounce whipped topping, defrosted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
In mixing bowl sprinkle gelatin granules over cottage cheese. Mix in oranges. Add whipped topping and completely combine. Place in serving container and refrigerate for an hour or so before serving. It is great served as a salad or for a light dessert. Because of the cottage cheese, it is a good source of calcium. And of course toasted nuts (especially pecans) make anything better!
Strawberry Layer Dessert
- 2 cups pretzels, broken into small pieces
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1cup + 4Tbsp of sugar
- 1 lg container of whipped cream
- 1 lg pkg strawberry Jello
- 20 oz frozen strawberries
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 2 cup boiling water
1. Mix pretzels, butter, and 4 tbs sugar; pat into 9x13 pan and bake at 400 degrees for 6 minutes. Cool.
2. Cream 1 cup sugar and cream cheese. Fold in whipped topping. Stir well and spread over cooled pretzel layer.
3. In separate bowl, mix jello, strawberries and boiling water. Refrigerate until it starts to thicken, then pour over cheese layer. Chill.
4. Cut into squares and serve.
This recipe could work with whatever kind of fruit and jello you like. I think the bottom layer really tastes a lot like a pecan crust!