Yes, we want all artists to participate in our upcoming FAAHC Scholarship Show and Sale! The show and sale will be for one day only; Saturday, November 7, 2009, at Northside Café, 510 Broad St., Mason, Texas. The sale begins at 10 a.m. till closing. Thomas and Victoria Fikes, have graciously offered their restaurant for our second annual show and sale. You get to eat, too! Their burgers and fries(everything from the menu) are delicious!
The 5X7 art items are priced at $20.00 and all proceeds go towards a $1,000.00 Scholarship to be given in May 2010. Students from Kimble, Mason, Menard and McCulloch counties are eligible for this scholarship.
All you have to do to participate is follow the general guidelines listed below. If you have any questions concerning these guidelines please contact: Martha Kothmann, (325)258-4624, email@example.com, or Dorrett Townsend, (325) 258-4655, firstname.lastname@example.org.
So, what are you waiting for? Get out those oil/acrylic paints, colored pencils, watercolors, cameras, clay, etc. and start working. Your creativity will contribute to a student getting a scholarship. Plus, you’ll have a glorious time picking out a piece of artwork and eating a burger – doesn’t get any better than that.
1 All works MUST measure 5” x 7” (two-dimensional)*see below
2 Works may be oriented either vertically or horizontally
3 Works may be created using any of a variety of mediums and/or techniques (drawing, painting, photography, clay, metalwork, collage, textiles, etc.) *see below
4 Works must be able to stand upright by themselves when leaned against a wall without sagging or bowing (no easels, no hanging devices, etc.) *see below
5 Works must be UNFRAMED and UNMATTED
6 Works must ONLY be signed on the back (no indication of who the artist is should be visible on the front of the work) *see below
7 Works must not contain NUDES or any sort of questionable, inappropriate subject matter
8 Each work will be sold for $20 to benefit FAAHC’s scholarship fund
1. Any artistic medium may be used that results in a finished, 5x7, two-dimensional product. SOME bas relief (raised surface) is OK, but the overall surface of the work should not extend outward from its flat 5x7 background more than 1 inch. All other features of the work must conform to 5x7 dimensions.
2. For those who plan to create drawings, paintings, etc. on lightweight paper, etc., use spray adhesive (available at art supply stores) to mount the paper on a piece of foam-core board, cardboard, matboard, etc., in order to make the piece sturdy enough to stand on its own.
3. If you have already signed your work, either paint over the signature or cover it with tape, etc. so that your name is no longer visible from the front.
4. Information to be included on the BACK of your work: a) Title for the work, b) media used (such as pencil, pastel, acrylic, oil, original photo, computer enhanced print, giclee of original art, etc.) c) your name, d) your school district (if applicable), and e) your contact information (optional)
5. If the surface of your work is especially fragile or delicate, BE SURE to use fixative on it prior to submitting it. You may also choose to cover the surface with a tightly stretched piece of transparent wrap, acetate, glassine, etc., taping it securely in the back.
6. Please, no “repeaters”. Do not enter works that were exhibited in last year’s show. Art works should be fresh for the public, even if the artist produced the art years ago.