The Mason Lions Club met Tuesday, Dec.1st, for its regular monthly business meeting. There were 31 members and 15 visitors in attendance.
"Boss Lion" Chris Dyer was responsible for the program and Secretary/Treasurer Gene Gammill read the minutes and gave the financial report. The Hamburger Lunch set for Dec. 11th was postponed until spring in hopes of a time of good weather. A Pancake Supper was set for Tuesday Feb. 9, this is the date the basketball teams will play Menard in Mason. We hope for a large turnout in support of the teams and our Pancake Supper since all proceeds from the Supper will go to two Scholarships for two Seniors. The Lions Club presented checks to the following organizations from proceeds from the 5k/10k Walk-Run held in October. Each organization received $500.00 except the R. Clinton Schulze Scholarship which received $1000.00.
List of Recipients
1. R. Clinton Schulze Scholarship Fund-Kathy Schulze
2. Puncher Club-Tammy Gardner
3. Chamber of Commerce-Teresa Walker
4. Mason County History Society-Fort-Rosemary Davis
5. EMS-Linda WIlliams
6. Volunteer Fire Dept.-Clyde Martin
7. Bluebonnet CASA-Nancy Holt
8. The Haven-Donna Jones and Catina Morton
9. The Mason I.S.D. Benevolent Fund-Matt Underwood
10. Friends of the Library-Christy Whitaker
11. Food Bank-David Collett
The club's next meeting will be Tuesday, Dec. 8th, at noon at Zavala's. The program chairman will be Kirby Groves.
The Mason Lions Club has an ongoing program to recycle used eyeglasses to people who need them. Used eyeglasses may be given to any Lion or left in collection boxes at any of the local banks. Also, please contact any Mason Lion if you know of anyone in our community unable to afford appropriate eye care.