This year’s Llano County Beef & Range Field Day is set for Tuesday, June 1, 2010. Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. at the Llano County Community Center on Ranch Road 152, about 1.7 miles west of Llano. Coffee and donuts will be served at this time.
The morning session will be 3 45-minute rotations. Topics and speakers for the morning programs will be:
• Estimating Grazeable Acreage for Grass Management - by Dr. Bob Lyons, Range Specialist, Texas AgriLife Extension Service, Uvalde, Texas
• How the Farm Service Agency (FSA) Can Help You - by Randy Maenius, County Executive Director, Farm Service Agency, Mason, Texas
• Updates on Insecticides and Their Application - by Eugene Jordan, VE Bio Sciences, South Africa
For lunch, the group will move to Schorlemmer Hall, which is the activity center at St. James Lutheran Church, 1401 Ford Street, Llano. Ford Street is actually the same as Highway 16 South. Lunch this year is sponsored by Arrowhead Bank, Llano National Bank, and 1st State Bank of Central Texas. The meal will be catered by Laird’s Barbecue.
The afternoon topics and speakers will be:
• Laws and Regulations-Insecticide Labels - by Jamie Osbourn, County Extension Agent, Llano County
• Landowner Ethics and Rights - by Dr. Judon Fambrough, The Real Estate Center, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
Texas Department of Agriculture will be offering 5 continuing education units for people who have a pesticide applicators license (3.5 general, 1 IPM, .5 laws/regulations).
Make plans to attend this year’s field day. Please RSVP to the Extension office at 325-247-5159 or to the SWCD office at 325-247-5154. This field day is a joint effort between the Texas AgriLife Extension Service of Llano County, Natural Resource Conservation Service, and Llano County Soil & Water Conservation District.
Educational programs of the Texas AgriLife Extension Service are open to all people without regard to race, color, sex, disability, religion, age, or national origin. If you need any special accommodations, please contact Jamie Osbourn at 325-247-5159 as soon as possible so we can consider your request.