Here are some highlights from last night’s board meeting:
1. Jennifer Moneyhon presented a recap of the Student Health Advisory Committee’s (SHAC) activities and accomplishments for the year and the new membership for the 2010-11 SHAC. The board accepted and approved the report and the membership.
2. Students were recognized for their achievements in Tennis, Golf, FFA judging and other events, One Act Play, Track and UIL academics.
3. Jeff Owen and Treg Hudson were sworn in and took their oath of office.
4. The board was reorganized with Jeff Owen remaining president, Helen Dockal being elected vice-president and Tina Cantu being elected Secretary.
5. The Consent Agenda was approved.
6. The board discussed presenting diplomas to the seniors during the graduation ceremony.
7. Superintendent’s Report included discussion regarding budgetary information for the 09-10 and 10-11 school years, employing the same audit firm for the 10-11 school year that we have used this year, replacing A/C units in the Elem/JH building, and paving the road behind the ag shop and parking area behind the school.
8. The board approved the Mason ISD Parental Involvement Policy.
9. The board voted 4-3 to offer contracts to daycare director and TEEM grant administrator.
10. A School Board Training session was presented by Bill Henderson and Lou Ann Cates from ESC XV.
11. The next meeting date was set for June 21st @ 6:00.
12. The meeting was adjourned.