Below is a summary of last night’s board meeting:
1. The board reviewed and approved the District Improvement Plan.
2. A public hearing was held reviewing the district’s Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas (FIRST) report. The district achieved a "superior achievement" rating (the highest rating attainable).
3. The board nominated Treg Hudson and Jeff Durst to be placed on the ballot for election to the Mason County Appraisal District Board.
4. In the superintendent’s report, the district PBMAS (performance-based monitoring analysis system), work done by the Core Analysis Team regarding the PBMAS report, 3-year TAKS scores comparison and the building of a covered walkway linking the life skills building to the main building were discussed.
5. The board voted to change current board policies regarding transfer students, charging tuition for Saturday School, and changing local policy CH to match the legal policy CH (setting limits of $50,000 on goods or services purchased without prior board approval).
6. The board passed a resolution asking the Texas Legislature to "Make Education a Priority" during this legislative session.
7. Finally, the board voted to add the superintendent as an investment officer for Lone Star Investments.
8. The board adjourned and the next board meeting is scheduled for November 22nd @ 6:00 p.m. in the Elem/JH library.