Red Flag Burn Ban Lifted
Mason County News
Weather Partly Cloudy 84.0°F (42%)
From the Librarian's Shelf
Wednesday, November 3, 2010 • Posted November 3, 2010

This will be my last column for the library and next Tuesday, November 9 will be my last day as librarian of the Mason County M. Beven Eckert Memorial Library. Thanks to every one who has made my roles as library volunteer, assistant librarian, and librarian such enjoyable experiences. I’ve loved 99% of it and the other 1% I don’t remember anyway so I leave with only fond memories. I’m excited for the next chapter of my story to unfold and I wish you all the best in your life stories as well. I look forward to seeing you in the library in my new role as a fellow library patron. Happy Reading!

NEW ARRIVALS – Quotes are from the publishers summary.

The Drifting Cowboy

Life Without Limits: Inspiration for a Ridiculously Good Life

Looking For a Love Story

My Lost Daughter

The One That I Want

Wicked Appetite

The Red Door

LIBRARY NOTES

Library Information - Location: 410 Post Hill; Phone: 325-347-5446; Fax: 325-347-6562; Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1785, Mason, TX 76856; E-mail: masonlibrary@verizon.net; Web Site: http://bcls.tsl.state.tx.us/mason.

by Charles Todd (F TOD Rur.12). Detective Fiction. "In post-World War I England, Scotland Yard detective Ian Rutledge faces a wall of silence as he attempts to bring a ruthless killer to justice for the bludgeoning death of a Lancashire woman and the murder of a man who never came home from the Great War."
by Janet Evanovich (F EVA Die.1). Occult Fiction. A spin off of the hugely popular Stephanie Plum series.
by Allison Winn Scotch (F SCO). Psychological Fiction. "Believing she has the life she always wanted, Tilly Farmer is devastated when unsettling facts about her personal life, from her father’s alcoholism to her husband’s insensitive plan to relocate, are revealed to her by an old friend in a fortune-teller’s tent."
by Nancy Taylor Rosenberg (F ROS). Mystery Fiction. "Presiding over a wrenching murder case, California judge Lily Forrester finds her attention divided when she assists her distraught law student daughter, who is being treated in an unethical medical facility that bilks patients for extravagant insurance payouts."
by Louise Shaffer (LTE F SHA). Psychological Fiction. "Not only is Francesca battling writer’s block after the success of her first novel, the story of couple’s divorce told through the eyes of their dog, but now she’s facing her own divorce. To pay the bills she takes the job of ghostwriting a memoir about a husband and wife vaudeville team. Will Francesca discover her real self through their love story?"
by Nick Vujicic (248.8 VUJ). Nonfiction. "Born without arms or legs, Nick Vujicic overcame his disability to live an independent, rich, fulfilling life, becoming a model for anyone seeking true happiness. Now an internationally successful motivational speaker, Nick spreads his central message: the most important goal for anyone is to find their life’s purpose despite whatever difficulties or seemingly impossible odds stand in their way."
by Will James (WF JAM). Western Stories. "The seven stories in this book revolve around the adventures of a lanky cowboy named Bill, whose drifting takes him throughout the West, from Montana to Arizona."

This article has been read 67 times.
Comments
Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of Mason County News. Comments are moderated and will not appear immediately.
Comments powered by Disqus