The 47 th Annual Mason County Round–Up is just around the corner and we have some very exciting events planned for the entire community.
We hope that you will bring your family and friends out to enjoy great family fun, children’s activities, live music, rodeo events and so much more!
Saturday, July 9th
The Arts and Crafts Festival on the Courthouse Lawn; Parade (line –up starts at 7:30 a.m., judging at 9:00 a.m. and the Parade will begin at 10:00a.m. sharp). Immediately following the parade, the Jack Ass race will begin, all of those interested in racing this year need to get their entry forms turned into the Chamber of Commerce office ASAP, entry fee is 25.00 and the 1st place prize is $750.00, contestants are to line up on Broad St. on the North side of the square, the race will be one lap around the square. No mules, hybrids or mammoths will be allowed to participate.Do not forget to stop by and check out the car show that is being held at Heritage Park July 9th from 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.!
The Texas Connection Band has decided to come out of retirement just to entertain us this Round-up weekend!! The guys will play all day long on the Courthouse lawn. A great BIG thank you to John Beam for helping make this Round-up weekend one to remember!
Thepresentation of the Mason County Queen’s Court will follow the Rodeo Grand Entry at 7:30 p.m., and hold on to your seats for the Final top 10 county team roping, bull riding, steer dogging, ladies barrel race, calf roping, the Mutton Bustin (must be 80 lbs to enter, fee $10) Calf Scramble-FreeSteer Saddling- $10 a head, 3 men per teamCown actDrill team and many more fun filled events.Please join us as we “Dance under the stars” with Jake Hooker and the Outsiders. The dance will be held at the Ft. Mason dance slab, the show will begin at 9:00 p.m. and the band will play until 1:00 a.m. BYOB and glass containers are allowed this year. Tickets are $15.00 for adults and children 12 and under are free, pre-sale price $12.00.
Jack the Mascot - Fund Raiser
Let’s hit the road, Jack, and get this celebration started!!!! Round Up Weekend will no longer be the same without finding the best "Jack the Mascot" in town. That’s right — there is no deeper way to say “I love you, friend” than to nominate someone and have that person win! Watch your friend race around the Courthouse dressed in our historical Jackass mascot costume. And you know the largest monetary support wins, Jack!
1. Complete the Official Entry Form for your nominee, add the $20 entry fee (along with any other support dollars), and drop it off at the Mason County Chamber of Commerce office.
2. Nominee must be 18 years of age or older.
3. You can enter as many people as you can support. Make sure they will be at the parade July 9th.
4. Your nominee must be able to safely move around the square by foot, or in an approved Jack Ass non-engine vehicle, in the famous Jackass mascot costume.
5. To win, let everyone know additional contributions to the nominee can be made at any time to the Mason County Chamber of Commerce until 1 p.m., Tuesday, July 5.
6. Nominees' names will be posted in the window of the Chamber of Commerce office.
7. The only way the first place nominee can get out of running the square is to match the contribution made by his/her supporters. If this person chooses not to run, and does not match the support, we will ask Pat at the Chevron station to post their name on his famous “owes me money” sign with appropriate Jackass verbiage.
8. The Chamber can always make up new rules at any time since this is our event. Said another way – this is only to be FUN!!!
Talk it up – solicit for contributions – and let’s make this Round Up Weekend the most fun ever.