On June 14, 2008, in Fredonia, students that attended the Fredonia School met at the Fredonia Community Center to celebrate Mason County Sesquicentennial celebration of schools.
The Fredonia School opened in the early 1900’s. The old school building is located about a mile south of the town on Ranch Road 386 on a hill overlooking the farm and ranching community. There are only the rock walls still standing, but many wonderful memories still exist.
In the first picture:
Standing, Monee Leach Dye, Jean Goff Alexander, Otho Hollaway, Jaime Poyner, Ella Sue Buntyn Holloway, Ima Jean Thomas, Virginia Scheluchin Vinson, Margaret Leach Mitchel, Martha Jane McWilliams Sessom, Charles Lee Williams. Seated, John E. Williams, Herbert Goff. Also attending (but not pictured) representing family members were Ginger Kuykendall Fenton, Peggy Kuykendall Lohn, Randy and Beverly Shearer Baker, Joan Williams, Pat Reardon, Gay Baxter Stevens and Sue Williams Stafford.
Second picture: Fredonia School students around 1935.
Third picture: Fredonia school today.