Recently, I was treated for a “bone spur” with a shot in the heel of my foot! This really “Smarted!” This in turn got me to thinking of other things that, “REALLY SMART?”
1. When someone runs into the back of your heel with a grocery cart! That SMARTS.
2. When you bite your tongue or the inside of your cheek! OH MY!
3. When you hit your “funny bone!” I don’t see anything funny in this, do you?
4. When you stump your toe on something, like the end of the bed post! OUCH!
5. When you pull a nose hair from your nose! Gross, but it really HURTS!
6. When you get a paper cut on your finger and then squeeze a lemon in your iced tea! Yes, it hurts!
7. When someone slaps you on the back, which is sunburned. Want’a slap’m back, don’t you?
8. When eating ice cream or drinking something cold with a sore tooth! Yes! Oh! Yes!
9. When you get a leg cramp, also known as a “CHARLIE HORSE!” OH! YES! OH! YES!
10. When you break a fingernail off into the quick! Holy Moly!!!
Yes, these things can really SMART! And SMARTS stands for: S-sometimes it’s just STUPIDITY! M-MAYBE we should be more careful? A-The use of harsh ADJECTIVES are used. R-close RELATIVES are sometimes mentioned!! T-The pain is really TOUGH! S- SMARTS, no matter how you look at it. It just SMARTS!
P.S. Hope you had a good time at the Roundup and nothing SMARTED you!