Mason Elementary is having its annual PK/HeadStart/Kinder Roundup (pre-registration) on Wednesday, April 4, 2012 in the Elementary/Junior High Library from 2:30—5:30 pm. If your child will be attending Pre-Kindergarten, HeadStart, or Kindergarten NEXT school year (August 2012), please come anytime between 2:30 pm and 5:30 pm to the library to register your child.
The following are the guidelines for registering your child for PK/Kinder:
· Your child must be 3 or 4 years old on or before September 1st to attend HeadStart along with other eligibility criteria to qualify.
· Your child must be 4 years old on or before September 1st to attend Pre-K. (It is NOT based on income eligibility)
· Your child must be 5 years old on or before September 1st to attend Kindergarten.
Please bring the following with you to registration:
· Student’s shot records
· Student’s birth certificate
· Student’s social security card
· Parent’s driver’s license
If you do not have every one of the documents listed above please still come to registration, but all the forms must be turned in to the school before Monday, August 27, 2012.If your child is currently registered in Pre-Kindergarten or HeadStart with Mason ISD and will attend Kindergarten next school year, you do NOT need to attend the Roundup. If you have to update any current information (shot records, phone numbers, addresses, etc.) you may attend, but it is optional.If you register your child now, the first day of school will go smoother for all involved. It is also good to register before the first day of school so you and your child will be on the mailing list to receive all school correspondence. If you have any questions, please contact the principal, Tammy Parrish at the school 347-1122 ext 1.
The first day of school for the 2012-2013 school year is Monday, August 27, 2012.