The All Stars were organized in the 1930's as a men's black baseball team. The members of the original Mason All Stars are as follows: Al Marley, Frank Mason Sr., Blunt Bridges, and his brothers Arthur and Richard, Frank (Bill) Mason Jr., Alfred Jakson, Velma Revada, Albert Pen, Dudley Mason and Lawrence Buckner.
Dudley Mason was the pitcher, Albert Pen the catcher, and Velma Revada was the manager. Gus Jackson was umpire. Some of the players were young. Jake Miller, who sometimes helped pitch, was a young player. Their uniforms were blue stripped. The baseball field was to the left of the old cotton gin. The pasture land was cleared to make way for the baseball field. It was recalled that pitcher Dudley Mason threw a baseball so hard that he was given the name "Shot Gun".
During the dreary winter months, they played football for their pastime.
As the years went by some members of the original team died, some left and others came to fill in the vacancies. The location of the ball park was moved to a new place across the creek where the Mason-Jackson families lived. South of the houses was a big area in which to play. People form team came out to watch the baseball games. The Mason All Stars were very good and teams came from towns all around. Their uniforms were white with red letters. There were white folk on the team too. Sandy Miller and sometimes Gus Jackson took up the money which was kept in a cigar box. Jake Miller did most of the pitching for the team.
In the early part of the 1950's possibly around 1952 the team disbanded due to the fact that people started leaving the county and probably the war was a factor.